The Whitecourt & District Chamber of Commerce is a non-profit action organization designed to meet the business needs of our community. It is a voluntary organization of progressive individuals and businesses that work together to advance the commercial, financial, industrial and civic interests of the Whitecourt and Woodlands County business community.
Follow the Whitecourt Chamber of Commerce on Facebook, or contact the Chamber Office at 780-778-5363.
The Town of Whitecourt and our project partners received the 2015 Alex Metcalfe Award from Economic Developers Alberta (EDA) in recognition of the development of the Whitecourt Business Support Network.
Created in 2014, Whitecourt's Business Support Network is a partnership endeavor by the following organizations:
- Town of Whitecourt
- Woodlands County
- Alberta Jobs, Skills, Training and Labour
- Alberta Works
- Community Futures
- Business & Industry
- Whitecourt & District Chamber of Commerce
The goals of the Network are to:
- Contribute to the long-term sustainability of Whitecourt and Woodlands County
- Provide a forum to share ideas, and exchange information on current labour market trends to identify and address workforce issues.
Meetings are held on the third Monday of the month at noon. New participants are welcome!
For more information on Business Support Network please contact:
- Kristy Tuts, Workforce Consultant for Alberta Jobs Skills Training and Labour, at 780-778-7189
- Rhonda Carter, Whitecourt Economic Development Coordinator, at 780-778-2273.
For over 25 years, Community Futures Yellowhead East has been helping people turn business ideas into reality in rural Alberta. Small business specialists will connect you with skills, financing, and resources you need to succeed.
Small businesses now have access to a new streamlined website which provides a "one-stop-shop" for government service information at www.smallbusiness.alberta.ca. The website provides information on:
- How to start and operate a business;
- Resources on regulation, funding and other topics; and
- Strategies and initiatives to help a small business grow.
In addition, through the "Ask the Expert" service, business advisors will be available to help small businesses navigate government business programs, supports, and regulatory information. They can be contacted via the website linked above or at 1-844-422-7705.