Whitecourt has a reputation as the place to do business in northern Alberta. We offer a blend of rural and urban living, with a pro-business climate, and superior lifestyle opportunities. Whitecourt's key business advantages include our:
- Central location between the urban centers of Edmonton and Grande Prairie;
- Modern recreational facilities;
- Countless outdoor leisure opportunities;
- Dynamic and thriving economy;
- Expanding health services;
- Affordable housing and living;
- Young and productive workforce;
- Excellent transportation system (road, rail, and air);
- Established telecommunication infrastructure.
The Whitecourt Economic Development Committee is active in our community. A copy of the Committee's Strategic Plan is linked below.
- Population: 10,574 (2013 statistics)
- Total Males: 5,530 (53.4%)
- Total Females: 4,831 (46.6%)
- Average age: 32 years
- Whitecourt experienced a growth rate of approximately 5% per year since the 2011 federal census.
- 74% of the population is between the ages of 15 and 64 years (in the labour force).
- Average number of people per household: 2.6.
Economic Development Package
For more information on Whitecourt contact the Economic Development Coordinator
Joint Economic Development Package