The Whitecourt Enhancement Grant was established to offer recreation, art and culture organizations and groups additional assistance for the enhancement of programs, services, special events, specialized equipment or facilities that are not normally funded through their annual budget.
The application deadline for the 2017 funding year has passed. Please watch for advertisements on the 2018 program in early 2018.
*Please note: This grant will now be allocated once per year in the spring. There will no longer be fall intakes.
To be considered for this grant, a representative from the group or organization is required to attend the Enhancement Grant Workshop on Wednesday, March 15 from 5:30 to 6:30pm at the Allan & Jean Millar Centre unless they have already attended.
The objectives of the grant are:
- To provide funding to local recreation, arts & culture organizations for the enhancement of programs, services, special events, specialized equipment or facilities that are not normally funded through their annual budget.
- To enhance recreation opportunities and the well-being of the residents of Whitecourt and Woodlands County.
- To enhance sport, recreation, arts and cultural development.
- To promote and encourage volunteerism and community spirit by enhancing the work of local volunteer organizations.
- To provide a funding source for recreation, art and culture programs, services, events, facilities or equipment that is not eligible for funding from other municipal, provincial or federal sources.