Rotary Park is often referred to as the "gem" of our community. This free, family-friendly park offers fun and entertainment for all members of your family.
Location & Amenities
Rotary Park is located at the end of 51 Street (north of the Whitecourt Fire Hall) in downtown Whitecourt. From Highway 43, turn north on to 51 Street and follow 51 Street until you reach the park entrance gate. A public washroom facility is open seasonally (during the summer months) and concession service is generally open when the Whitecourt River Slides are operating. It is recommended that you bring tubes and flotation toys to fully experience the fun of the Whitecourt River Slides (rentals are not available).Check out our Photo Gallery
for more photos of Rotary Park.
Whitecourt River Slides
||The Whitecourt River Slides are open during the summer months for family enjoyment. The water feature includes two man-made creeks with a series of pools and drops for tubing and ploay, with a shallow basin and beach at the end of the creeks.
- May long weekend to September 1: Daily 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. (weather permitting)
- After September 1 to September 30: Weekends only from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. (weather permitting)
- The slides will open when the outside air temperature is 16 degrees Celsius (16oC) or above, weather permitting. If 16oC is not reached by 2:00 p.m. the slides will not open.
- The slides will be closed occasionally on Wednesdays from approximately 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon for maintenance. The slides will be open on these days when maintenance work is complete.
*Don't forget to bring your own tubes and flotation toys to the Whitecourt River Slides.
Whitecourt Splash Park
|The Whitecourt Splash Park has a variety of interactive play areas for children of all ages.
- May long weekend to Labour Day long weekend: Daily 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. (weather permitting)
- After Labour Day long weekend to September 30: Weekends only from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. (weather permitting)
- The Splash Park will be closed occasionally on Wednesdays from approximately 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon for maintenance. The Splash Park will be open on these days when maintenance work is complete.
Rotary Park Playground
|| Opened in the summer of 2013, the Rotary Park Playground is the tallest outdoor playground structure in Alberta. Proudly sponsored by the Rotary Club of Whitecourt, Alliance Pipeline, and Alberta Recycling Management Authority, this playground is fully accessible and offers entertainment for people of all ages.
Fishing at Rotary Park
Grab your fishing rod and tackle, and take your family fishing at Rotary Park. Fishing is limited to people under the age of 16 years, or those accompanied by one or more people under the age of 16 years. Fishing at Rotary Park is permitted from May to October. All guidelines in the current Alberta Guide to Sport Fishing apply while fishing at the park. You can pick up a copy of the guide at all establishments that sell fishing licences. For more detailed information, contact the Community Services Department at 780-778-6300.
Off Leash Dog Park
An Off Leash Dog Park has been developed on the north-east boundary of Rotary Park. Your four-legged friend can take part in special off leash privileges while you relax and enjoy the outdoors. The fenced park is an area where well-mannered dogs can enjoy a good run, or socialize with other dogs, while under the supervision of their owner.
Rotary Park Master Plan
The Rotary Park Master Plan provides a long term vision for the development of the park.