The Town of Whitecourt has volunteer opportunities available for the following programs and services:
- Candy Stripers
- Adopt-A-Senior or Neighbour In Need Program
- Medical transportation outside of Whitecourt
- Snow Star Program (to shovel snow for those in need)
Snow Stars get the satisfaction of knowing htat they have made a difference in the life of someone who will be able to stay in their home they love for a longer period of time. As the snow falls this winter, we encourage all those able bodies out there to take some time this winter and help a neighbour in need. This is a volunteer program; assistance is based on availability of volunteers, and is for essential paths to your home. If you need this program please call Community Services at 780-778-6300 to have your name placed on our registry.
- Citizens On Patrol (COP) Program (call 780-779-5900 to speak with the Crime Prevention Coordinator)
- Block Parent (call 780-779-5900 to speak with the Crime Prevention Coordinator)
To find out more about volunteering in your community contact 780-778-3637 ext. 417.
Want to lend a hand with special events?
Whitecourt plans and coordinates a number of community events throughout the year. Volunteers and helping hands are always welcome and appreciated! If you'd like to help organize Party In The Park, Arts In The Park, concerts or other special events please call 780-778-3637 to speak with the Recreation Coordinator or Arts & Culture Coordinator.