Whitecourt Transit encompasses a variety of services and programs,
and includes Public Transit and Dial-A-Bus service.
See below for more information.
Public Transit offers a cost-effective, environmentally friendly, and convenient alternatives for getting around town.
The route provides service throughout the valley and hilltop areas of Whitecourt, and follows a loop throughout town that takes approximately one hour to complete. In June, two new transit buses were put into service. The buses are low floor accessible with no steps, and can accommodate wheelchairs, scooters, walkers and strollers.
Changes to our route and times launched August 28
Public Transit launched its new route and started offering 30-minute pickup service during peak hours on August 28!
- Monday to Friday: 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday : 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- No bus service on Sundays and statutory holidays
Public Transit Fares
|Transit 10-Ticket Pack
|Adult Monthly Pass
|Senior/Youth Monthly Pass
|Children 6 and Under
| Preschool Groups
Student Annual Pass
(valid September 1 through August 31)
Where to buy
Passes and ticket packs can be purchased at:
- Town of Whitecourt Office - 5004 52 Avenue
- Allan & Jean Millar Centre - 58 Sunset Boulevard
- IGA - 4802 51 Street
- Dynamic Esso - 4439 52 Avenue
Public Transit Route & Stops
For more information on Public Transit contact 780-778-3637 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Advertising with Public Transit
Get noticed by advertising with Public Transit. Space is currently available. Please contact 780-778-3637 or email email@example.com for more information on advertising rates and options.
- Exterior advertising is available on the back of 3 buses for semi-annual or annual terms at a cost of $500 per month (just $5,500 per year per bus).
- There are five bus shelters with space available for semi-annual or annual terms at a cost of $300-$400 per month (location dependent).
- Interior advertising is available for $60-$200 per month.
Dial-A-Bus Transportation Program
The Town of Whitecourt operates a Dial-A-Bus Program for seniors, and persons with disabilities. To be eligible for the program individuals must be over the age of 65, be currently receiving AISH benefits (Assured Income for the Severely Handicapped), or have a physical or mental disability that has been assessed by a doctor.
You must be a registered user to ride the bus. Applications can be picked up at the front desk at the Allan & Jean Millar Centre. For more information contact 780-778-6300.
Eligible individuals can ride the bus:
- Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 3:30 pm (first pickup is at 8:00 a.m. and last pickup is scheduled at 3:00 p.m.)
- $3.00/one-way trip. Call 780-706-5755 for a ride.
Effective August 28, 2017
Individuals who require the use of Dial-A-Bus service (door to door) must complete a new Dial-A-Bus Application Form and have a new assessment completed by a physician on their ability to access Public Transit stops. Physicians will only approve individuals who are not able to access Public Transit stops. This may include individuals who are experiencing physical or functional disabilities, or health conditions (temporary or permanent). Please contact Community Services at 780-778-6300 if you have questions regarding the application process.
As of August 28, 2017 Dial-A-Bus will operate Monday to Friday 9:30 a.m. to 12:00 noon, and 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. (The last pick up will be at 2:45 p.m.)
Transportation Grant Program For Seniors And Persons With Disabilities
Registered users of the Transportation Grant program receive 12 transportation vouchers twice a year that can be used for travel around Whitecourt on Public Transit, Dial-A-Bus, and in a taxi (plus $3.65)
- Voucher: Taxi Cab - with a $3.65 (GST included) charge plus a voucher (substituting additional tickets for the $3.65 fee is not accepted).
- Voucher: Dial-A-Bus - One voucher only. If you do not have a voucher, there is a $3.00 (no GST) one way fee.
- Voucher: Whitecourt Transit - One voucher only. If you do not have a voucher, there is a $3.00 (no GST) one way fee.
- Dial-A-Bus Monthly Pass - Can be used on Public Transit.
Seniors 65 years of age and older and individuals on Assured Income for Severly Handicapped (AISH) automatically qualify for these vouchers. Individuals under 65 years of age who are not on AISH and have a physical or functional disability, or health conditions (permanent or temporary) must be assessed and approved by a physician to quality for vouchers.