Alberta has declared a state of public health emergency and will implement new health measures to expand capacity, increase vaccination rates and reduce transmission of COVID-19. Measures in workplaces, indoor private gatherings, places of worship, schools and children’s activities, as well as mandatory masking and physical distancing in all indoor public spaces begin today.
The Government of Alberta has implemented a number of temporary health measures that came into effect September 16, 2021. For a complete list of all new temporary measures, please visit www.alberta.ca/covid-19-public-health-actions.aspx.
The Province also introduced a Restrictions Exemption Program that will begin Monday, September 20. Discretionary events and businesses (restaurants, recreation facilities, retail businesses, etc.) must either adopt the Program, or follow capacity and operation restrictions that will come into effect September 20. Businesses that implement the Restrictions Exemption Program would operate as usual, provided they are serving only people who have proof of immunization or who have a recent privately paid negative test, as per the requirements in place. For more information on the program visit www.alberta.ca/covid-19-public-health-actions.aspx.
- Mandatory restriction
- The Province has announced that masks are mandatory in all indoor public spaces and workplaces. Employees must wear a mask in all indoor work settings, except in work stations or where 2 metre physical distancing or adequate barriers are in place. Schools are not required to implement masking, but school boards will continue to set COVID-19 management policies as they deem appropriate.
- For guests of the Allan & Jean Millar Centre:
- Masks must be worn upon entering the facility until you reach the area you will be active in. Masks can then be removed while working out or playing a sport. Please put masks back on after you are done the activity and when leaving the facility.
- All Albertans 12+ can book now for a COVID-19 vaccination. As announced on September 3,
- the Province is offering a one-time incentive of $100 for all Albertans 18+ who receive a first
- or second dose between September 3 and October 14. For more information visit https://www.alberta.ca/covid19-vaccine.aspx.
Help prevent the spread
Community members are asked to continue to be vigilant in following preventative health practices, including physical distancing, cohorting, good hand hygiene, staying home when sick, and increased cleaning of surfaces. For tips on how you can protect yourself and others visit www.alberta.ca/prevent-the-spread.aspx.
COVID-19 information and updates are publicly available on the Alberta Health and Alberta Health Services websites: