The Town of Whitecourt through the Economic Development Committee has created a Whitecourt Economic Recovery Grant Program with matching funding and support through the Community Futures Yellowhead East Regional Business Resiliency & Diversification Partnership Initiative Fund.
Policy 12-027 - Whitecourt Economic Recovery Grant Program
Schedule "A" - Economic Recovery Application Form
Schedule "B" - Economic Recovery Review Form
Schedule "C" - Economic Recovery Program Final Reporting Document
This program is available to help Whitecourt businesses with expenses as they respond to the challenges of COVID-19 and provide flexible funding supports that strengthen their business models.
Grant funding is currently available to Whitecourt businesses under two support streams:
Stream One: Matching Microgrants of up to $2,000 per business is fully subscribed and is now closed.
Stream Two is still open.
All applications to Stream One will be evaluated by the Economic Development Committee and Community Futures Yellowhead East for completeness, alignment with the program objective and core criteria, and to ensure that the application meets eligibility requirements. As we have a limited budget, application will be received on a first come first serve basis until program funding has been expended. Applications should meet at least one grant core criteria noted in the Policy to be considered.
Permit fees will be waived for Stream Two throughout the 2021 calendar year at the time of permit application by the Planning & Development Department at the Town of Whitecourt Administrative Building, on a first come first serve basis, or until program funding has been expended.
Timely access to funds are important. We are anticipating to process Stream One applications within two weeks of receiving them. Please ensure your application has all the required information for the review process. To improve your chances, here are the most common reasons an application may not be successful:
- There is no signed declaration. Declarations must be signed when submitting your application.
- The application form is not completed. All fields are necessary for grant administration.
- Grant funding will be used for ineligible costs including:
- rent/lease/mortgage payments;
- payroll or wages, debt reduction, utilities, insurance, or other similar fees.
- using grant funds directly for payroll or wages (using funds on other eligible items that enable workers to return, or new workers to be hired is aligned with the Jobs Core Criteria);
- debt reduction;
- insurance; and
- expenses that are borne through regular business operations and are not a result of or response to the COVID-19 pandemic (i.e. maintenance);
- The description of the grant funding does not clearly link the planned project or expense to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The description of the grant funding does not provide enough detail. Please be as specific as possible.
We are here to help, if you have any questions regarding the program or need assistance please contact:
Economic Development Officer
Town of Whitecourt