Request for Proposals - Town of Whitecourt Website
Request for Proposal: Town of Whitecourt Website
The Town of Whitecourt invites proposals from qualified consultants to provide a website design, content management system and hosting services for the Town of Whitecourt’s corporate website www.whitecourt.ca
The goal of this project is to provide excellent customer service while having an online presence that the public will want to explore. We would like a visually pleasing and easy to navigate site with the most important and up-to-date information in the forefront.
The Town of Whitecourt is a young, vibrant and proactive community located 170km northwest of Edmonton on Highway 43 via Highway 16. With a population of approximately 10,000, Whitecourt is a scenic community offering a small town feel with all the benefits of urban services, including an extensive park and trail system, modern recreational facilities, and countless outdoor leisure opportunities.
The intent of this project is to develop a new website to replace the current one, incorporating the latest web technology, and creating a design and format that will encourage users to engage with the Town of Whitecourt. The design and layout must be user friendly for both public viewing, and for staff to update and manage. Upon completion of the website development, the Town of Whitecourt will assume full responsibility for website content maintenance and administration.
The Town of Whitecourt is requesting a proposal for the development of a website based on the following criteria:
- Secure hosting with servers located in Canada and security features and backup recommendations.
- Ability to access Content Management System (CMS) externally.
- Ability to link out seamlessly, integrate or embed third party software, programs and sites, including, but not limited to:
- Virtual City Hall (Diamond),
- Intelligenz Solutions,
- Local Intel,
- MuniSight (GIS).
- Can incorporate Google Analytics.
- Has the potential to work seamlessly with an App (if and when we decide to develop one).
- Has the ability to integrate social media channels in a thoughtful manner (ability to share news items or events from home page).
- A robust events calendar that allows users to submit events (for approval) and the option to export from the events calendar.
- All pages to be “print friendly”.
- A newsfeed with the ability to set categories (press releases, public notices, RFPs, etc.).
- Ability to edit URL path names.
- A search tool.
- Control over navigational organization.
- Staff Website – Intranet:
- Password protected,
- Ability to access externally,
- Staff Directory.
- Ability to send out e-Notifications to subscribers for press releases/news articles, job postings, RFP postings, agenda packages.
- Document library that is searchable by website users to include documents such as: bylaws, policies, reports/publications, minutes and other Town documents that need to be posted online.
- Database capability to create a business directory.
- Easy for users to navigate and include search tool, a user-intuitive site structure and detailed site map.
- Clean, modern look and responsive design that provides an equal level of service between desktops and mobile devices.
Content Management System (CMS)
- Has the ability for staff to edit, add or delete content with a user-friendly web-based CMS and an improved website design.
- Successful candidate will provide CMS training and assist with data migration.
- A CMS permission based system with multiple levels of rights including the ability to be an author, editor, and publisher for distinct departments/pages.
- A CMS that provides a dynamic menu structure with the ability to add, edit, move or delete any portion of the menu.
- A CMS that provides the ability to easily create, update or delete content including the use of a rich text editor and a spell check tool.
- A CMS that provides online document storage capabilities with the ability to manage, organize and archive documents and graphics.
Proposal Submission Format and Requirements
Proponents should address the following in their submissions:
- Company background (contact information, description of services offered by the organization, key contact person, any other information relevant to this project) and experience.
- General qualifications;
- Provide three client references for work completed within the last 5 years (include organization name and address, contact person, summary of work conducted).
- Staffing plan (summary of your approach to project management and client engagement) and staff availability.
- Reiteration of the proponent’s understanding of the project objectives and scope requirements.
- Identification of responsibilities of the Town of Whitecourt.
- Project Work Plan:
- A work or project plan for the project including key tasks, dates, key responsibilities and timetable.
- Describe your proposed pricing and pricing structure including any and all fees and expenses;
- Quote your fees exclusive of GST, the total GST payable, and a total of fees including GST;
- Length of the contract and option to renew (if applicable).
Evaluation Criteria and Proposal Selection
Proposals will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Familiarity with municipal government;
- Comparable projects and experience;
- Suitability for project requirements;
- Detailed work programs, scheduling and project control;
- Project costs and associated value for money.
- Any award made is subject to a signed contract.
- The Town of Whitecourt is not obligated to award a contract arising from this RFP. The Town of Whitecourt reserves the right to re-tender or cancel the RFP, or award all or part of the contract at its sole discretion.
- The Town of Whitecourt shall not be liable for any costs of preparation of proposals or any cost associated with responses to the RFP.
- The proposals and accompanying documentation shall become the property of the Town of Whitecourt and will not be returned.
- Proposals must be firm for a period of not less than 60 days from the closing date.
All proposals must be received by 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, June 30, 2021. Any proposals received after the due date and time will not be considered. Submissions can be sent to the following address:
Town of Whitecourt
Tara Gallant, Legislative Manager
Re: Town of Whitecourt Website
Box 509, 5004 52 Avenue
Whitecourt AB T7S 1N6
Electronic submission will be accepted; however, proponents, are cautioned that the closing time is based on when the proposal is received by the Town and NOT when a proposal is submitted by the proponent. It is the sole responsibility of the proponent to be mindful of the length of time for the proposal to be transmitted due to file transfer size, transmission speed or other factors. The Town shall not be responsible for any failure to receive email submissions sent by the proponent, and proponents are encouraged to take steps to ensure their Proposal has been received in advance of the deadline.
Any and all costs associated with the preparation and submission of the Proposal, including any costs incurred by the Proponent after the Closing Time will be borne solely by the Proponent.
Questions regarding this project may be directed to Tara Gallant, Legislative Manager, at email@example.com.
- The Town of Whitecourt is not liable for any costs or expenses or to reimburse or compensate the Proponents in any manner whatsoever or under any circumstances including, without limitation, in the event of rejection of all proposals or cancellation of the project.
- The Town of Whitecourt reserves the right to request that any or all proponents clarify and make revisions to their proposal. The Town may choose to meet with one, several, or all proponents to discuss aspects of their proposal. The Town of Whitecourt is not obligated to seek clarification from any proponent with regard to any aspect of its proposal.
- The Town is not bound to accept any proposal. Further, the Town reserves the right to accept or reject any proposal in whole or in part, waive any irregularities in the proposal process, and to discuss different or additional items to those included in this RFP, at its sole discretion. The Town may invalidate this RFP and may issue a second RFP at its sole discretion.
- The Town reserves the right not to consider award of any contract or purchase order to any party that is or has in the past 3 years been engaged in litigation or arbitration with the Town, or any party with an outstanding debt owed to the Town.
- Amendments to a Proposal may be submitted if delivered in writing prior to the Closing Time in a sealed envelope or package, marked with the Proponent’s name and the RFP title.
- Proposals already delivered to the Town may be withdrawn with written notice only, provided such noticed is received prior to the Closing Time.