Press Release - Whitecourt Public Transit will be re-routed for Friday, November 30 Santa Claus Parade
Please plan ahead and prepare for re-routing of Whitecourt Transit the night of Friday, November 30. The bus route in the downtown area between 5:30 p.m. and 8:44 p.m. will be detoured due to the Whitecourt & District Chamber of Commerce’s annual Santa Claus Parade.
Between the hours of 5:30 p.m. and 8:44 p.m., the bus will travel its regular route and schedule except for in the downtown core.
- From Bus Stop #2 (Westview Mobile Village), the bus will directly travel to Bus Stop #7 (52 Avenue and 47 Street) and will depart from this stop as scheduled. It will then proceed directly to Bus Stop #8.
- From Bus Stop #22 the bus will directly travel to Bus Stop #27 (41 Avenue and 41 Street) and will depart from this stop as scheduled.
- There will be no drop off or pick up at the following stops after 5:30 p.m. on Friday, November 30 due to road closures:
- Bus Stop #3 located at 51 Street near the Home Hardware Building Centre;
- Bus Stop #4 located at the corner of 51 Street and 51 Avenue;
- Bus Stop #6 located at the corner of 49 Street and 52 Avenue (across from the Whitecourt Public Library);
- Bus Stop # 23 located at the corner of 48 Street and 50 Avenue;
- Bus Stop #24 located at the corner of 50 Street and 50 Avenue; and
- Bus Stop #25 located on 51 Street near the 7-11; and
- Bus Stop #26 located on 49 Avenue and 50 Street.
Whitecourt Public Transit appreciates your cooperation and understanding.
Motorists are advised that streets in the downtown area will be closed temporarily for the Santa Claus Parade. Please refer to the Town’s standard parade route map for information. The annual Christmas Tree Light Up, in support of the Whitecourt Food Bank, is scheduled for 6:45 p.m. outside the Town Office; and the Santa Claus Parade will start at 7:00 p.m.