Press Release - Upcoming community events require street closures and re-routing of Whitecourt Public Transit
Run 4 Fun - Saturday, June 1
Runners will be hitting the streets in the hilltop area starting at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday, June 1 for the Run 4 Fun event.
Motorists are advised:
- That Sunset Boulevard, from 42 Avenue to the Carlan Services Community Resource Centre will be closed from 7:45 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.
- That runners will be using area roads as part of the 5km, 10km, 21.1km and Kids’ Marathon events. Please drive with caution and watch for runners in the area.
As a result of the road closure, Whitecourt Public Transit will be rerouted. Whitecourt Public Transit encourages riders to plan ahead and prepare for re-routing.
- There will be no Public Transit service to Stops 35 and 36 from 7:45-11:00am on Saturday, June 1 due to the Run 4 Fun. Riders are asked to use Stops #1 (Pine Rd / Caxton St.) or #37 (Spruce View Lodge) as alternate stops.
We appreciate your patience and hope you will come out to cheer on the runners! For more information on the event visit www.whitecourt.ca/Rec-Culture/Run-4-Fun.
West Coast Amusements Carnival Midway - Tuesday, June 4
West Coast Amusements Carnival Midway will be open to the public in downtown Whitecourt on Tuesday, June 4 from 3:00 to 10:00 p.m. The event is hosted by the Whitecourt & District Chamber of Commerce, and details on the Carnival can be found on www.whitecourtchamber.com.
To allow for set-up and take-down of the Carnival, the Town of Whitecourt has approved the following closures from 12:00 noon on Monday, June 3 through to 6:00 a.m. on Wednesday, June 5:
- 52 Avenue will be closed from 49 Street to 50 Street.
- The 52 Avenue public parking lot (located behind the Whitecourt Legion) will be closed.
- The parking lot located behind the Provincial Building will be closed.
Whitecourt Public Transit encourages riders to plan ahead and prepare for re-routing.
Bus Stop #6 located at 49 Street and 52 Avenue (across from Central School) will not be in service starting at 12:00 noon on Monday, June 3 and all day Tuesday, June 4. Please use Stop #4 (51 Street/51 Avenue) or Stop #7 (47 Street/52Avenue) as alternatives.
For more information on Public Transit download the TransLoc Rider app.