Press Release - Splash Park at Rotary Park open for the season
The Splash Park at Rotary Park is now open for the season.
The Splash Park is operating on an automatic cycle between 10:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. daily, weather permitting. Due to current health restrictions, users are asked to abide by the following guidelines:
- Maintain physical distancing of 2-metres at all times between individuals not from the same household or family cohort including when entering and leaving, while playing or using the Splash Park or area, while supervising children playing, and when returning to your vehicle or home.
- Users must comply with gathering restrictions in place.
- Practice proper hand hygiene. Wash your hands frequently. Refrain from touching your face with unclean hands. Users will be responsible for carrying and using hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol content immediately before and after use. Wash your hands upon returning home.
- The use of footwear is strongly recommended.
- Sharing of water toys/equipment is prohibited.
- Masks should not be worn while playing in the Splash Park.
- Users will be responsible for bringing their own cleaners to disinfect equipment, park benches, picnic tables and any touched surfaces prior to and after use.
Open spaces, trails and the playground structure at Rotary Park are also open to the public. The Whitecourt River Slides remain closed until provincial COVID-19 health guidelines change.
For more information on Rotary Park, please visit www.whitecourt.ca.