Press Release - COVID-19 Update for Whitecourt November 12, 2020
The Government of Alberta recently announced new mandatory and voluntary measures for communities across Alberta. As Whitecourt is listed on the Province’s “watch” list and subject to enhanced health measures, the following applies to our community as of Friday, November 13, 2020.
- Restaurants, bars, lounges and pubs must stop liquor sales by 10pm and close by 11pm - applies to Class A, B or C licences (Nov 13-27).
- 15-person limit on social and family gatherings - indoors and outdoors - where people are mixing and mingling.
- 50-person limit on indoor and outdoor wedding ceremonies and funeral services.
- No social gatherings inside your home or outside of your community. Instead, socialize outdoors or in structured settings, like restaurants or other business that are subject to legal limits and take steps to prevent transmission.
- Limit of 3 cohorts: your core household, your school, and one other sport or social cohort. Young children who attend child care can be part of 4 cohorts.
- Wear a mask in all indoor work settings, except when alone in a workspace or an appropriate barrier is in place.
- Employers in office settings should implement measures to reduce the number of employees in the workplace at one time.
- Faith-based gatherings limited to 1/3 capacity at one time.
For more information on new measures targeted health measures implemented by the Government of Alberta, visit www.alberta.ca/enhanced-public-health-measures.aspx.