Press Release - COVID-19 Update for Whitecourt
As announced by the Government of Alberta on March 1, 2021, restrictions have eased for libraries and indoor fitness facilities.
Whitecourt Public Library – Re-opens on Monday, March 8:
The Whitecourt Public Library will reopen to the public as of Monday, March 8. Facility capacity will be 15% of fire code occupancy; access at times may be limited. For more information, please follow the facility’s Facebook page @whitecourtlibrary
Allan & Jean Millar Centre – Re-opens by appointment only on Monday, March 8:
As of Monday, March 8, the Allan & Jean Millar Centre will re-open by appointment only. As access to the facility remains limited, all memberships will remain on hold at this time. Temporary hours of operation for the facility starting March 8 are as follows:
- Monday/Wednesday/Friday: 5:45am – 6:00pm
- Tuesday/Thursday: 8:30am – 8:00pm
- Saturday: 9:00am – 12:00pm
- Sunday: Closed
Drop-ins at the facility will not be allowed at this time.
The Energy Transfer Canada Aquatic Centre is not available at this time due to a line break beneath the pool deck. Crews are working diligently to complete repairs as soon as possible.
General Facility Guidelines:
- Drop-ins at the facility will not be allowed at this time.
- Pre-registration for appointments in all of the facility components will be available as of 1:00 p.m. on Thursday, March 4. Please call Guest Services at 780-778-3637 to book your space; please note that until March 8, Guest Services will be available from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- The daily admission fee will be the cost for a one-hour session.
- Wristbands designated for the hour long session will be provided at Guest Services upon arrival and check-in.
- Guests can book their session up to one week in advance.
- Guests can book one session per day at this time.
- Payment for sessions will be required at the time of booking.
- Bookings for one hour sessions are non-refundable.
- Low-intensity fitness classes will be available for registration.
- All guests must wear a mask for the duration of their visit.
Pembina Fitness Centre and Rotary Running Track Guidelines:
- One hour sessions in the Pembina Fitness Centre, including Rotary Running Track, will be available. Pre-registration is required.
- All guests must remain at least 3-metres away from all other guests and staff at all times unless they are from the same household, including when entering and exiting the Allan & Jean Millar Centre.
- There will be a maximum of 20 individuals allowed in the Pembina Fitness Centre (including the Rotary Running Track) in each one-hour session.
- Guests will be asked to leave when their scheduled one-hour session ends.
- Only low intensity activities are permitted at this time. These include: Pilates, stretching, low-intensity yoga, light weightlifting, etc.
- Cardiovascular exercise is not permitted. Minimal cardio machines will be made available for warm-up purposes only (10-15 minutes maximum).
- Guests are welcome to use the track for walking.
- Personal trainers are welcome to bring clients to train. Both trainer and client will be required to pay the hourly admission fee for any sessions they attend. Only low intensity activity will be permitted at this time.
JR’s Pressure Service Fieldhouse Guidelines:
- Available for one hour bookings for individuals or household members.
- The daily admission fee will be the cost for a one-hour session (per person).
- Available for one-on-on training with a certified trainer/coach and/or youth sport group (10 individuals max) led by a certified trainer/coach provided at least 3-metres of distance is maintained between all participants for the duration of the practice.
- Pre-registration is required.
- Childmind will be available:
- 9:00am – 12:00pm Monday – Friday, and
- 10:00am – 12:00pm Saturday.
Alberta Newsprint Company Squash/Racquetball Court Guidelines:
- Available for individual or household bookings only for one hour bookings.
Town administration will continue to monitor and evaluate current and upcoming guidelines to determine if other activities and services can be reinstated. Please continue to watch Whitecourt’s website and Facebook page for current information.
COVID-19 information and updates are publicly available on the Alberta Health and Alberta Health Services websites: