Press Release - COVID-19 Update for Whitecourt April 6, 2021
As announced by the Government of Alberta, updated mandatory health measures will come into effect for retail, fitness and performance activities as of 11:59 p.m. on April 6, 2021.
- Retail services and shopping malls will be reduced to 15% of fire code occupancy, with a minimum of 5 customers permitted. Curbside pickup, delivery and online services are encouraged.
- Only one-on-one training at fitness centres with an individual or household is permitted. No drop-in activities or unsupervised individual fitness; group fitness, high or low intensity, is not allowed.
- Adult performance activities are not permitted (including dancing, singing, acting, etc.).
- All libraries must close.
Effective noon on Friday, April 9, 2021 restaurants will be restricted to providing only takeout, delivery and patio service.
For detailed information on the changes, please refer to the Government of Alberta website.
Other mandatory public health measures remain in effect, including no indoor social gatherings; outdoor social gatherings are limited to 10 people; and, mandatory mask wearing.
Changes to Town of Whitecourt Operations:
As a result of this announcement, the following changes will be made to public facility operations:
- The Pembina Fitness Centre at the Allan & Jean Millar Centre will be closed as of April 7 until further notice. Those who have appointments booked at the facility will be contacted directly.
- The Whitecourt Public Library is closed as of April 7 until further notice.
COVID-19 information and updates are publicly available on the Alberta Health and Alberta Health Services websites: