Facility & Membership Information
The Town of Whitecourt will be implementing the Restrictions Exemption Program at the Allan & Jean Millar Centre.
Starting September 20, users and spectators at the Allan & Jean Millar Centre will be required to show proof of vaccination or a recent privately paid negative COVID-19 test. Adult users and sport spectators will be required to provide:
- Proof of double vaccination (note that for a transitional period between September 20 and October 25, proof of a single dose would be considered acceptable as long as the dose was given two weeks or more before the time of service).
- Documentation of medical exemption for those with a vaccine exemption.
- Proof of a recent (within the previous 72 hours) negative COVID-19 test (either PCR or Rapid Test). Per provincial guidelines, the test may not be from Alberta Health Services or Alberta Precision Laboratories.
- Children younger than 12 years are not required to show proof of vaccination.
- For those 17 and under, proof of vaccination is not required participating in recreational activity or sport, or school activities (i.e. minor soccer).
- Individuals 12 years and older that are attending the facility as spectators will be required to show proof of vaccination or provide proof of a recent negative COVID-19 test.
Child Mind will be available Monday - Friday 9:00am – 12:00pm, and Saturday from 10:00am-12:00pm.
Allan & Jean Millar Centre
58 Sunset Boulevard
Whitecourt AB T7S 1N6
Hours of Operation
The Allan & Jean Millar Centre including the Fieldhouse, and Pembina Fitness Centre hours of operation:
|Monday to Friday
||5:30 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
||9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Holiday hours will be posted.
The Aquatic Centre reopened to the public on September 20, 2021.
The Energy Transfer Canada Aquatic Centre hours of operation:
Please check the Community Spectrum or Community Events Calendar for Holiday Hours.
The Allan & Jean Millar Centre offers recreation and leisure activities for all ages and skill levels. It provides a venue for tournaments, trade shows, and cultural events and has become Whitecourt’s community meeting place.
The fieldhouse offers:
- a multi-use sport area that can be configured for a variety of sports, including: soccer, volleyball, basketball, badminton, and other indoor activities and events.
- second floor running/walking track
- 2 Gannett Publishing & Alberta Newsprint Company Courts with one that can be converted for racquet ball
- squash court
- dressing rooms
- a second floor viewing area with seating for approximately 188 people
After school youth drop-in sports and evening adult drop-in sports are offered Monday through Thursday at a reduced rate. Please see the Community Spectrum for the schedule.
Energy Transfer Canada Aquatic Centre
The aquatic centre offers:
- 25 metre main pool
- tot pool
- zero depth entry leisure play pool with Infratech Water Play Park
- “lazy river” water feature
- 34 person hot tub
- Whitecourt Transport Water Slide
- steam room
- meeting room and classroom area for programming and parties
- change rooms, including a family change room
- a second floor viewing area with seating for approximately 175 people
Pembina Fitness Centre
The fitness centre offers:
- state-of-the-art cardio equipment
- weight training area
- bright fitness studio
- spacious change rooms
- registered fitness classes and complimentary member fitness classes
McDonald's Whitecourt Go Active Zone
The designated drop-in indoor play area provides supervised children under the age of 8 with a host of fun activities and opportunities to play with other children. The Go Active Zone contains a permanent indoor playground structure and climbing wall to encourage play!
Community Rental Spaces
The meeting room and classroom areas offer a variety of opportunities for parties, special events, business meetings, conferences and community programming.
A part of your life
Become a member today! We want to help you stay active and enjoy life and all the amenities we have to offer. There are several membership packages available for the Allan & Jean Millar Centre: annual, monthly, and 10-visit packages for all age groups. Rates are discounted for families and corporate groups. For your convenience annual memberships can be automatically withdrawn from your bank account monthly.
What does your membership include?
Your Allan & Jean Millar Centre membership or day pass allows you access to the following areas and drop-in programs:
- Fieldhouse (drop-in sports)
- Energy Transfer Canada Midstream Aquatic Centre
- Infratech Water Play Park
- Whitecourt Transport Water Slide
- Hot Tub (34 person)
- Steam Room (16 person)
- Aqua Rock Wall
- Pembina Fitness Centre
- Rotary Running Track
- McDonald's Whitecourt Go Active Zone
- Life Med Pharmacy Kids' Corner
- Gannett Publishing & Alberta Newsprint Company Courts
- Whitecourt Power LP Table Tennis
- Wally ball, and board games
- Yoga & Stretch Lounge
- Whitecourt Communications Free Wi-Fi
Allan & Jean Millar Centre Admission and Membership Rates
- FREE fitness classes each week
- 15% OFF all Allan & Jean Millar Centre programs
- Register for Allan & Jean Millar Centre programs one week prior to general registrations
- Complimentary public skating and shinny hockey at the Scott Safety Centre
- FREE drop-in sports
- Option to have your annual membership put on HOLD for one month
Reduce employee absenteeism and increase overall productivity by taking an active role in workplace wellness.
Active living has been proven to reduce illness and sick days while boosting employee productivity, energy, and ability to manage stress. The Allan & Jean Millar Centre is ready to help you and your employees reap the benefits of a healthy, active lifestyle.
If your corporation, association, or society registers a minimum of 5 people with us for annual memberships, the Allan & Jean Millar Centre will give a 15% discount off the price of an individual membership. We offer this discount as a thank you to our corporate community and as an opportunity for you to reward your valuable employees. Memberships come complete with access to all areas of the facility and great rates on fitness and activity programs.
For employees, Corporate Wellness Programs translate into few injuries, less human error, and a more harmonious office environment. It also affirms to employees that their organizations cares about their general health and well being.
For more information, or to sign up your company today, contact our Guest Services Desk at 780-778-3637 or email Ashley Ellis at email@example.com.
NOTE: This Corporate Membership Plan cannot be combined with any other promotion or membership plan, including family discounts.
Subsidy and Fee Assistance Programs
Subsidy may be available for families or individuals living within the Town of Whitecourt or Woodlands County. Circumstances must first meet the financial criteria in order to assist those who are unable to pay the full fee.
KidSport Whitecourt and JumpStart Programs
A great funding opportunity for youth. Parents having difficulty funding sporting opportunities for your child, and teachers and coaches who know of a child who is eager to play sports, but their parents/guardians are financially unable to afford the opportunity. JumpStart may even consider subsidy for equipment and transportation.
For more information or to obtain an application, please call Sharon at 780-778-3637.
Recreational Fee Assistance Program
The Fee Assistance Program provides subsidies for adults and their dependents under the age of 18 years, living within the Town of Whitecourt and Woodlands County. Fee assistance can be applied for each year and each member in the family may be eligible for 2 programs per session or a 3 month membership. Families must have first applied to KidSport for applicable programs. All applications will be held in strict confidence.
To apply visit Guest Services in the Allan & Jean Millar Centre. For more information call 780-778-3637.