Effective today throughout Alberta, only vaccine records that include a QR code will be accepted at businesses and venues that have implemented the Restrictions Exemption Program. Previous provincial immunization records without a QR code will no longer be accepted as proof of vaccination.
Individuals can download or print their secure QR code proof of vaccination at alberta.ca/COVIDRecords.
Businesses and venues participating in the Restrictions Exemption Program can download the Alberta Covid Records Verifier app from Apple and Google App stores.
Allan & Jean Millar Centre
- As the Allan & Jean Millar Centre has implemented the Restrictions Exemption Program, users and sport spectators at the facility that are 18 years and older are required to provide:
- QR Code Vaccination Record, or
- Documentation of medical exemption for those with a vaccine exemption, or
- Proof of a recent (within the previous 72 hours) privately paid for negative COVID-19 test.
- For those 17 years old and younger, proof of vaccination is not required when participating in recreational organized sports or school activities (i.e. minor soccer).
- Those 11 and under will not need to provide proof of immunization or a negative test to enter the facility.
- Individuals 12 years and older that are attending the facility as spectators will be required to show proof of vaccination or provide proof of a recent negative COVID-19 test.
Scott Safety Centre
- Spectator attendance is restricted to 1/3 fire code capacity. Attendees are limited to a single household or two close contacts if living along, and must be masked and maintain 2 metres physical distancing.
- For those 18 years and over participating in hockey, shinney and public skating, the Restrictions Exemption Program applies.
Other Public Facilities
- The Forest Interpretive Centre and Whitecourt Public Library remain open at 1/3 capacity. Masks and 2 metres physical distancing are required.
Vaccination Program expanded to include Johnson & Johnson Vaccine
Albertans 18 years and older can now book appointments to receive the Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 vaccine by calling 811. Due to limited supply, the Janssen vaccine will only be administered at Alberta Health Services (AHS) clinics in select locations across the province. For more information visit www.alberta.ca/covid19-vaccine.aspx.