Invest in Whitecourt
Whitecourt has a reputation as the place to do business in northern Alberta. We offer a blend of rural and urban living, with a pro-business climate, and superior lifestyle opportunities. Whitecourt's key business advantages include our:
- Central location between the urban centers of Edmonton and Grande Prairie;
- Modern recreational facilities;
- Countless outdoor leisure opportunities;
- Dynamic and thriving economy;
- Expanding health services;
- Affordable housing and living;
- Young and productive workforce;
- Excellent transportation system (road, rail, and air);
- Established telecommunication infrastructure.
Find out more about the Whitecourt Advantage.
The Whitecourt Economic Development Committee is active in our community. A copy of the Committee's Strategic Plan is linked below.
- Population: 10,204 (2016 statistics)
Total Males: 53.4%
Total Females: 46.6%
- Average age: 32 years
- Whitecourt experienced a growth rate of approximately 6.2% since the 2011 federal census.
- 74% of the population is between the ages of 15 and 64 years (in the labour force).
- Average number of people per household: 2.6.
Whitecourt Economic Development Package
For more information on Whitecourt contact the Economic Development Officer at 780-778-2273.