Where to Stay
Now that you've decided on the perfect getaway, let us help you find a comfortable place to stay.
Eagle River Recreation Area
1-800-313-7383 or 780-778-3433
Located 13 kilometres northwest of Whitecourt on Highway 32, the Eagle River Recreation Area is available for the general public to book from May to October.
The group camp area is a great venue for events such as family reunions, weddings, anniversaries, and staff functions.
While there, you and your friends can enjoy a game at the horseshoe pits or a game of volleyball or softball. The facility is also equipped with outdoor bathrooms, a fire pit, picnic tables, and loading ramp. Site amenities:
- accommodates between 20 and 30 campers
- Fee: $200 per night
- sheltered camp kitchen
- cook stove available for facility renters
- fire pit
- snowmobile staging area in the winter - so the site leads to an assortment of trails
To book the Eagle River Recreation Area call 1-800-313-7383 or 780-778-3433. Due to demand, reservations can only be made by phone and are booked on a first come, first serve basis starting January 2 annually. A deposit must be made within 10 days of the booking date.
Freeman River RV Park
The Freeman River RV Park is a recreational gem located along Highway 33, approximately 5 kilometres west of Fort Assiniboine.
The campground is open from May 1 to mid-October, depending on weather conditions. It offers nightly, weekly, monthly and seasonal rates. Reservations are recommended and accepted by calling 780-584-2364 or sending an email to email@example.com.
- 47 campsites -all sites include a level gravel pad, picnic tables, fire pit and either a 15 or 30 amp hookup
- flush toilets and coin-operated showers
- river swimming - the park is adjacent to the Freeman River; tubing; 20-minute nature walk circling campground; horseshoe pit; unsupervised playground
- store offering hard ice cream, live bait, groceries, and firewood
- pets are allowed but must be leashed
Located off of 33 Street in Whitecourt, Lions Campground gives you the best of both worlds - a wilderness setting within minutes of urban amenities.
Open from April 15 to October 15 annually. Amenities:
- 65 sites -full hook ups available and tenting sites
- pull through sites available
- showers, laundromat
- fire pits, horseshoe pits, and access to walking trails
Located in Whitecourt across from the Whitecourt Garden Market IGA, Camp In Town is open year round.
Brooke's Creek is a fully operated, winterized RV park with full power, water, and sewer. Amenities:
- 70 sites, 35 offer full services
- shower facilities, laundromat
- fire pits and free firewood
- access to Whitecourt Trail System
Sagitawah RV Park
Located on the access road into Riverboat Park in Whitecourt, Sagitawah RV Park is open from mid-April to mid-October.
Pets are welcome. Weekly and monthly rates are available. Amenities:
- 112 sites, including the option of power, water, and/or sewer hookups
- free showers and flush toilet facilities, laundromat
- phone services, free wireless internet
- groceries and concession
Carson-Pegasus Provincial Park
This campground is open May until mid-November.
- 182 sites
- water, power and sewer hook ups
- 16 tenting sites
- 27 pull threw sites
- Laundry machines
Eagle River Tourism RV Park
Open year round - Located beside Eagle River Casino & Travel Plaza
- 107 sites
- Water, power, sewer available
- Full service tenting - Firewood
- Laundry machines
Popular Ridge Riding Academy & Country Escape
780-778-3734 ( Open from May - August)
- 12 pull threw sites
Goodwin Meadows RV Park
Open year round.
- 22 sites
- 7 pull threw
- Water, Power, Sewer available
Westward Community Centre
Overflow camping only.
- 8 sites
Call Sharlene for authorization
Groat Creek Group Campground
Open May - October.
- 10 sites
- Cook Shelter
- Playground – Firewood
HOTELS & MOTELS
The majority of our hotels and motels offer discount, group and family rates.
Wi-Fi is available in most hotels, and many offer continental breakfast, in-room fireplaces, jetted tubs, laundry services, exercise rooms, ATMs, and internet kiosks.
Canada's Best Value Inn
3415 Caxton Street, Whitecourt
Cloud 9 Inn
3359 Caxton Street, Whitecourt
5406 Caxton Street, Whitecourt
Green Gables Inn
3527 Caxton Street, Whitecourt
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
4721 49 Street, Whitecourt
New Imperial Suites
3331-35 Street, Whitecourt
The Kanata Whitecourt by BCMInns
3315 33 Street, Whitecourt
Lakeview Inn & Suites
3325 Caxton Street, Whitecourt
4915 49 Avenue, Whitecourt
Ramada by Wyndham
5420 47 Avenue, Whitecourt
The Ritz Cafe & Motor Inn
Highway 43, Whitecourt
Royal Oak Inn
3305 Caxton Street, Whitecourt
5028 50 Avenue, Whitecourt
Super 8 Motel
4121 Kepler Street, Whitecourt
Western Budget 1 & 2
3504 Kepler Street, Whitecourt
Western Budget 3
3301 35 Street, Whitecourt