Help grow and shape your community. Local governments support and impact the lives of those that work and live in our region. What better way to be part of your community than to work for it?
If you enjoy a fast-paced, progressive work environment and have a passion for serving the local community - then this may be the opportunity for you! We believe that our values of diversity, collaboration, innovation and mutual respect bring out the best in our team.
Thank you for your interest and best of luck in your application!
Casual Childmind Attendant
Posted: Feb, 15 2024 | Closing: Feb 26, 2024
Child Mind Attendant
There has never been a better time for you to step into municipal employment and have a strong role in shaping your future, your career, and the community. We believe that our values of diversity, collaboration, innovation and mutual respect bring out the best in our team.
The Allan & Jean Millar Centre is a recreation facility that includes a fieldhouse, aquatic center, fitness centre, track, child play and mind areas, and meeting space. Our organization has an opening at the Allan & Jean Millar Centre for a casual Child Mind Attendant in the Life Med Pharmacy Kid’s Corner.
A Child Mind Attendant is responsible for the safety and care of children within the child mind area of the Allan & Jean Millar Centre.
Key duties will include:
- Work as a member of the Allan & Jean Millar Centre to promote and support exceptional guest experiences.
- Monitoring and supervising children in care;
- Providing child development activities;
- Ensuring safety in all areas;
- Maintaining a clean space;
- Maintaining positive public relations and interaction with facility users.
Desired skills and qualifications include:
- Must be 16 years of age or older;
- Strong interpersonal skills, diplomacy and communication skills;
- Excellent listening, problem solving and conflict resolution skills;
- Standard 1st Aid and Level C CPR;
- Level 1 Day Care Orientation Certificate is an asset;
- Previous experience working with children aged newborn to 7 years.
The Town of Whitecourt is committed to its employees and provides competitive wages. The successful applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment criminal record check and child welfare check, prior to being hired. The applicant maybe required to work a variety of day, evening, and weekend shifts. The job description is available upon request.
If you feel that you have the qualifications and desire to be part of the Allan & Jean Millar Centre Team, please submit your resume to the following address by 12:00 p.m., February 26, 2024.
Town of Whitecourt
Attn: HR/Payroll Clerk
Re: Job #24-015
Box 509, 5004 52 Avenue
Whitecourt AB T7S 1N6
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those who are interviewed will be contacted further.
Family Violence Prevention Worker
Posted: Feb, 12 2024 | Closing: Feb 29, 2024
Family Violence Prevention Worker
PART-TIME CONTRACT POSITION
There has never been a better time for you to step into municipal employment and have a strong role in shaping your future, your career, and the community. We believe that our values of diversity, collaboration, innovation and mutual respect bring out the best in our team, and are currently accepting applications for a part-time contract position as a Family Violence Prevention Worker within the Community Services Department. In this role, you will work with agencies, stakeholders, businesses and other appropriate organizations to plan, promote and facilitate ongoing messaging, initiatives, programs and events for the prevention of family violence.
This position is flexible and has the ability to work both remotely and in the community with a minimum of 7hrs per week, up to 21hrs per week.
Key duties include:
• Promote family violence awareness and prevention strategies.
• Plan and organize initiatives, programs and events.
• Lead monthly Stakeholder meetings.
• Organize Stakeholder training.
• Facilitate community presentations and awareness campaigns.
From the preferred applicant, we are seeking:
• 2 years’ post-secondary education in a human services field or equivalent experience.
• Knowledge of impact of family violence.
• Knowledge of community initiatives, resources and services.
• Facilitation skills, creative, flexible, problem solver.
• The ability to work with a variety of agencies and partnerships;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• A valid class 5 driver’s license.
• A valid First Aid certificate is an asset
• Able to prioritize, plan and carry out responsibilities with minimal direction/supervision, and
• A high degree of personal initiative and the ability to work will independently and in the community.
The successful candidate will be required to obtain a criminal record check (vulnerable sector), an intervention record check, and a driver’s abstract, suitable to the employer prior to being hired.
If you feel that you have the qualifications and desire to be a part of the team, please submit your resume to the address below by 4:00pm on Thursday, February 29, 2024.
TOWN OF WHITECOURT
Box 509, 5004 - 52 Avenue
WHITECOURT, AB T7S 1N6
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted further.