Services and programs offered within Whitecourt contribute and support the health, growth and development of all members of your family.
BGC of Whitecourt & District
Offers After School; Before School; P.D. Day; Summer; Out of School Care (for those aged 4.5-11) and Teen Drop-in programs. Contact the Club at 780-778-6696.
Mayerthorpe Family Day Homes
Quality childcare in government approved family day homes with locations in Mayerthorpe, Whitecourt and Sangudo. Contact Lisa at 780-786-2654 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whitecourt Early Learning & Child Care Centre
A non-profit childcare society that early childcare programming for children ages 12 months to 5 years. Preschool equivalent programs are also available for 3 to 4 1/2 year olds. The Centre is located in the Carlan Services Community Resource Centre at 76 Sunset Boulevard. Call the Centre at 780-706-3295 or email email@example.com.
Alberta Supports is a "central hub" for Albertans to find social supports and services. As the first point of contact, Alberta Support Services Coordinators can help Albertans find information and access to more than 32 social based programs and over 120 supports The supports range from:
- Childcare supports
- Income supports
- Disability supports
- Seniors supports
- Employment & training supports
- Emergency supports
Contact Whitecourt Alberta Supports Office at 780-778-7149 or visit www.albertasupports.ca.
St. Joseph Parish Catholic Women's League
The Catholics Women's League is an organization that welcomes women age 16 and older who are interested in contributing to the life and vitality of the Church family and community
- Veronice Itutyra 780-268-5911
- 5540 Mink Creek Rd., T7S 1M9
St. Joseph Roman Catholic Church
Weekend mass: Saturday at 5:00 PM and Sunday at 9:00 AM. Weekday mass: as announced each week. Sacrament of Reconciliation: one hour before Sunday masses and half hour before weekday masses
- Father Benjamin Belgica - 780-778-2152
- Parish Office - 780-396-0028
- Lori Westling, Parish Secretary
- 5538 Mink Creek Road
- Box 1677, T7S 1P4
Church of Jesus Christ Latter Day Saints
- Fax: 780-778-3311
- 47 Street & Flats Road
Family Worship Centre
Worship held Sunday morning at 10:30 AM. Bible study groups available for all ages. Youth group meets every second Friday evenings at 6:30 PM (call for details).
- Pastor Dallas Bidell - 780-778-2572
- 4220 Elko Drive (behind Tim Horton's)
Box 80, T7S 1N3
St. Patrick's Anglican Church
Celebration of the Holy Eucharist held on Sundays at 10:00 AM. Christian education programs (adults, youth, children), pastoral care. Hall rentals available.
- Reverend Rita Milne - 780-268-5195
- 4903 - 52 Avenue
- Box 2171, T7S 1P8
Hilltop Community Church
Sunday Celebration Service at 10:30 AM. AWANA (grades ECS to 6) available. Please call for more information.
- Pastor Chris Millington - 780-778-3113
- 32 Whitecourt Ave, T7S 1H3
Skyview Alliance Church
Located 6 km east of Whitecourt on Highway 43. Services are Sunday mornings at 10:30 AM for Kid Zone and worship. Premises available for rentals.
- Pastor Harold Bakker - 780-778-0398
- Box 236, T7S 1N4
Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses
- Real Goudreault - 780-778-2400
Whitecourt United Church
Full range of Christian Church Services: worship, sacraments, weddings, funerals, and spiritual counselling. Premises available for rental to community groups. Sunday services begin at 11:00 AM with hymn sing at 10:20 AM and worship starts at 10:30 AM. Starting July 1, 2014, service will begin at 10:30 a.m. Sunday school for children is available. No Sunday school during the summer or on holiday weekends.
- Pastor Sharron Foster - 780-778-2578
- 5201 - 50 Street
- Box 954, T7S 1N9
Whitecourt Baptist Church
Sunday services and Sunday school are held at 10:00 AM. Refreshments at 11:30 AM. Everyone is welcome.
- Pastor Clayton Puddi Combe - 780-778-3450
- 6240 47 Street
- Box 1768, T7S 1P5
Seventh-Day Adventist Church
Sabbath School at 10:00 AM. Main service at 11:45 AM. Services held on Saturdays. Prayer meeting at 7:00 PM Wednesday evenings at the church
- Pastor Michael Corbel - 780-778-6255
- 4903 52 Avenue (meeting at St. Patrick's Anglican Church)
Northern Gateway Regional School Division No. 10 operates all public schools in Whitecourt. Contact Northern Gateway at 780-778-2800 or visit www.ngps.ca.
Pat Hardy Primary School
Junior kindergarten (ages 3-4) and kindergarten to Grade 2
- Phone: 780-778-6266
- Fax: 780-778-6760
- 35 Feero Drive, T7S 1M8
Whitecourt Central Elementary School
Elementary school for children grade 3 to grade 5.
- Fax: 780-778-5150
- 4807 - 53 Avenue, T7S 1N2
Percy Baxter School
Percy serves students in grades 6, 7 & 8.
- Fax: 780-778-8416
- 1 Mink Creek Road, T7S 1S2
Hilltop Jr/Sr High School
Grades 9 through 12.
- Fax: 780-778-8818
- 71 Sunset Boulevard, T7S 1N1
Gateway Academy Whitecourt
An outreach school that provides an alternative education for students from grades 9 to 12.
- Fax: 780-778-5683
- 5104 - 51 Avenue
- 71 Sunset Boulevard, T7S 1N1
The Living Waters Catholic Separate School Division No. 42 operates separate schools in Whitecourt. Contact Living Waters at 780-778-5666 or visit www.livingwaters.ab.ca.
St. Mary School/Ecole St. Mary
A safe and caring learning environment for students of all faiths from junior kindergarten to Grade 3. Offers a variety of programs; including French Immersion, junior kindergarten, and full day every day kindergarten.
- Fax: 780-778-4443
- 5630 Mink Creek Road, T7S 1M9
Ecole St. Joseph School
Offers instruction in English and French Immersion to students in Grades 4-12.
- Fax: 780-778-2008
- 5575 McIlwaine Drive, T7S 1G6
Across the Waters Outreach
- Box 1949, 4204 Kepler Street T7S 1P6
Post Secondary Schools and Training
Alberta Works provides employment and training programs to help unemployed and low income meet their basic needs and find jobs.
Contact the Whitecourt Alberta Works Office at 780-778-7149.
Alberta Learning Information Services
ALIS provides career, learning and employment information that helps Albertans achieve success.
Alexis Nakota Sioux Nation (Sub-Office)
Status card applications, membership applications, tax exemption applications, resumes, job search and safety tickets (provided to Alexis Band Members).
- Ph: 780-778-3355
- Fax: 780-778-2427
- Box 870, #17 - 5115 49 Street Whitecourt AB T7S 1N8
- Sterling Place, 9940 - 106 Street Edmonton AB T5K 2N2
Rupertsland Institute offers programs, services and information to Metis people through a network of offices across Alberta.
Ballad Consulting Group
Provides workplace training.
- 3780 30 Street T7S 0E4
Affordable housing is an important part of our community, and is essential for attracting and retaining a diverse labour force. Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) helps Canadians meet their housing needs and the following link has information on programs not only CMHC offers, but also programs offered by the Province of Alberta.
Habitat for Humanity - Whitecourt
Habitat for Humanity Whitecourt believes that home ownership brings security, stability, and many other benefits. Home are built by volunteers and donors and sold to qualified families. For more information on qualifications for moving into a Habitat for Humanity home, visit Habitat for Humanity.
Real Estate Services
We've put together a few of our most frequently asked questions into an information brochure.
- Exit Realty Results www.exitwhitecourt.ca
- RE/MAX Advantage www.whitecourtrealestate.com
- MLS Listings www.mls.ca
- Royal Lepage Modern Realty Ltd. www.whitecourthomes.com
Spruceview Seniors Lodge
- 12 Sunset Boulevard, 780-778-5530
- Operated and managed by the Lac Ste. Anne Foundation, Spruceview Seniors Lodge is a 50-room facility.
- 4503 52 Avenue, 780-778-3623
- Operated and manged by Lac Ste. Anne Foundation, Woodlands Villa offers 16 self-contained apartments for seniors.
Subsidized Housing Services
For information on subsidized housing or Municipal Affair's Rent Supplement Program contact Melody Nemlander, Lac Ste. Anne Foundation Supportive Housing Services Manager, at 780-778-3623.
- Athabasca Terrace Apartments 780-778-5539
- Boulevard Apartments 780-779-1400
- Cornell Apartments 780-779-1400
- Crestview Towers 780-779-1400
- Hillcrest Apartments 780-778-8870
- Hilltop Towers 780-778-8870
- Pineview Lodge 780-778-8870
- People's Properties 780-779-1400
- Quattro Management Services 780-674-9494
- Sol Terrace Apartments 780-778-8049
- Sun River Estates Apartments 780-718-7520
- Sunset Place Apartments 403-334-3095
- Valley Apartments 780-778-4341
- Whitecourt Apartments 780-779-1400
- Whitecourt Business Services 780-778-8870
Whitecourt offers a range of health services, including emergency care, rehabilitation, health promotion, dental and eye care, and alternative therapies.
Whitecourt Health Centre (Hospital)
20 Sunset Boulevard
An accredited active treatment facility offering a broad range of services:
- 24 Hour Emergency Service
- Ambulatory Services
- General Medicine
- General Radiology
- Pharmacy Services
- Special Care Unit
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy Clinic
- Sexual Health
- Well Baby Clinic
- Community and Public Health
Associate Medical Clinic
Associate Medical Clinic is located at the corner of 51 Street and 51 Avenue and can be reached at 778-2224. Patient appointment times are available during the following hours:
Monday to Friday 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
Closed from 12:00 noon to 1:00 PM; and statutory holidays.
Life Medical Clinic
Life Medical Clinic is located at 4740 50 Avenue, and can be reached at 780-706-7080. For appointments call the clinic during office hours. Appointments are accepted starting 8:00 AM. Monday to Friday.
- Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Wednesday 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM
- Friday 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Closed weekends and statutory holidays
Health Link 811 (24/7)
North Zone Continuing Care Access
The call centre is answered by Registered Nurses who will complete intake and assessment and direct callers to appropriate services. 1-855-371-4122