The Town Office is open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (closed between noon and 12:30 p.m.) and can process your payment with cash, cheque, Interac, Visa, and Mastercard. Payments can also be made through your financial institution.
Virtual City Hall allows Whitecourt property owners and utility account holders 24-hour access to information on about their Town of Whitecourt accounts.
Information available includes:
- MY CITY ACCOUNT: View personal account balances and payment history, current and past bills; as well as pay outstanding balances online with VISA or MasterCard. (There is a $5,000 maximum transaction on limit per account per year.) It is quick, easy, and secure.
- PROPERTY SEARCHES: Users can search for roll numbers, assessment information, and address details for all properties within the community. This function does not require you to have an activate account or to log in.
You will need to activate your account before you can access the system. To activate your
account you will need:
- A valid email address;
- Customer ID (located on your monthly utility bill, or annual assessment & tax notice);
- Utility or Tax Roll Account Number (located on your monthly utility bill or annual
assessment & tax notice).
- Click on “Sign In”.
- Scroll down, below “Don’t have a username and password?”, and click on “Activate your account with us”.
- Create your own user name and password, and enter/re-enter your email address, and check off the CAPTCHA box and complete if necessary. Click on “Next”.
- Select the Registration Account Type (either Tax or Utility) and enter your Account Number and Customer ID (On a recent utility bill, both are found near the top of the utility bill. On a property assessment and tax notice, the Account Number is the Roll Number found near the top of the notice, and the Customer ID is found near the bottom, above the “Amount Due”). Click on “Next”.
- Once the information has been registered in our system, a confirmation screen will appear instructing you to check your email to complete the activation of your account. Retrieve your email confirmation from “Moneris Payment” with the title “Activate Your Virtual City Hall Account”. Click on the link provided in the email to complete the process.
Once you have completed the account activation process, you will be able access and pay your Whitecourt utility/tax accounts online at your convenience!
- If you have an outstanding balance on an account a green “Pay” button will appear
under the account balance.
- If you have a credit or zero balance, the green pay button
will not appear.