The Town of Whitecourt continues to monitor the water levels in Whitecourt. A flood warning remains in effect for the McLeod and Athabasca Rivers in Whitecourt. Water levels along the McLeod River continue to rise.
The Town of Whitecourt has issued an Evacuation Advisory Alert for areas located along the McLeod River in Whitecourt, including Riverside Trailer Court. No evacuation is required at this time. Everyone in the affected area must prepare to evacuate with 1-hour notice. The Alert can be viewed on the Alberta Emergency Alert website.
There continues to be flowing water at Sagitawah RV Park, and the RV Park remains on Evacuation Order. An update on this area will be provided by the Town of Whitecourt on June 22, 2023.
Due to high water levels, the following areas are closed to the public until further notice:
- The pathway located under the Highway 43 McLeod River Bridge.
- Festival Park is closed. Access to the Off-Leash Dog Park and the surrounding trail system in and out of Festival Park through to 47 Street is also closed. (**Edit as of 7:40pm June 21.)
- 47 Street north of Flats Road.
- The Whitecourt Golf and Country Club.
- Riverboat Park.
People should use extreme caution around the rivers and flood waters.
The Town of Whitecourt will continue to monitor water levels and river forecasts provided by the Government of Alberta, and will inform the community as soon as updates become available.
• Alberta Emergency Alert - https://www.alberta.ca/alberta-emergency-alert.aspx
• Alberta River Basins Advisories and Warnings - https://rivers.alberta.ca/
• Alberta 511 - https://511.alberta.ca/#:Alerts
• Woodlands County – www.woodlands.ab.ca