Go back to News Listing

Press Release

Minimal smoke damage after early morning fire at Town facility

Posted on:

At approximately 2:00 a.m. on February 10, the Whitecourt Fire Department responded to a fire at the Scott Safety Centre.  The fire started on the rooftop over the Whitecourt Wolverines Dressing Room; some areas of the dressing room are affected from smoke damage.

The incident has not impacted other areas of the facility, and arena operations will proceed per the normal schedule.

Thank you to the Whitecourt Fire Department for its quick response to this emergency.  The use of the Tower 1, the Department’s new aerial unit, assisted in minimizing the impact of this fire to the public facility.