Whitecourt Transit will be re-routed for December 2 Santa Claus ParadePosted on:
Please plan ahead and prepare for re-routing of Whitecourt Transit the night of Friday, December 2. The bus route in the downtown area after 6:30pm will be detoured due to the Whitecourt & District Chamber of Commerce’s annual Santa Claus Parade.
- After 6:30pm, the bus will travel its regular route and schedule except for in the downtown core.
- From Bus Stop #2 (Westview Mobile Village), the bus will directly travel to Bus Stop #26 (49 Avenue and 50 Street) and will depart from this stop as scheduled. It will then proceed directly to Bus Stop #7.
- From Bus Stop #22 the bus will directly travel to Bus Stop #27 (41 Avenue and 41 Street) and will depart from this stop as scheduled.
- There will be no drop off or pick up at the following stops after 6:30 p.m. on Friday, December 2 due to road closures:
- Bus Stop #3 located at 51 Street near the Home Hardware Building Centre;
- Bus Stop #4 located at the corner of 51 Street and 51 Avenue;
- Bus Stop #6 located at the corner of 49 Street and 52 Avenue (Midtown Mall);
- Bus Stop # 23 located at the corner of 48 Street and 50 Avenue;
- Bus Stop #24 located at the corner of 50 Street and 50 Avenue; and
- Bus Stop #25 located on 51 Street near the 7-11.
- Transit users are asked to use other bus stops in the area, including Bus Stops #7, #21, #22 and #26.
A temporary bus stop will be set up on 49 Avenue near Canadian Tire (a sign noting the temporary stop will be posted at the pick up/drop off location).
Whitecourt Transit appreciates your cooperation and understanding.
Motorists are advised that streets in the downtown area will be closed temporarily for the Santa Claus Parade. Please refer to the Town’s standard parade route map for information. The annual Christmas Tree Light Up, in support of the Food Bank, is scheduled for 6:45 p.m. outside the Town Office; and the Santa Claus Parade will start at 7:00 p.m.
Leave a comment